Sunday 10 March 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that you have all had a wonderful day of celebrating with the family. I have been thinking about resolutions this Mother's Day. We all make our New Years resolutions to mark the changing of the year and fulfil our potential. Therefore, why not make a few Mother's Day Resolutions and fulfil our potential as parents. I've decided to share mine with you:

1) To spend more time actively engaged with the girls. In the bustle of everyday life: making meals, potty time, activities and play groups, it's easy to sometimes forget to get down and interact with them on their level. To experience the world from their perspective.

2) To remember to do all the things that make childhood so magical. I remember decorating Easter eggs every year, searching the house on Easter morning for the basket the Easter Bunny had left.  It was almost as great as Christmas. I remember the excitement of decorating for a holiday and the anticipation it created. I resolve to decorate for holidays and make them all special - from Easter to Halloween, Thanksgiving (we are a half American household) and Christmas.

3) To instill in them a love of learning and creativity by coming up with ways of making learning fun. A friend of mine is absolutely brilliant with her boys education. She makes her own educational toys and games. Even something as simple as baking cookies together or making paper dolls will be something that will shape their childhood memories.

4) Learn to constructively discipline the girls without yelling or telling off. I know this is a tall order and there will sometimes that a stern tone will be needed, but I would prefer if it was the exception and not the rule.

5) Finally, to be the type of woman I want to my girls to grow up to be.












No comments:

Post a Comment